Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Falls Back!

Well falls back no matter if we like it or not! Frankly this is one of my favorite times of the year. I love to watch the leaves change colors, and the cooler temps don't bother me either. Well it never fails though when fall gets here I always get inspired to go back to those earthy, more natural colors. I do it in everything I do. The clothes I wear, the make-up I put on, and the glass and jewelry I create all seem to start having a more earth color to them. It's that "fall" side of me just falling out all over the place! Let's hope that's all that falls out:) Anyway, life always just feels better in the fall. I think it has something to do with going through the change (no, I mean the change for us women over 45!) and loving the cooler temps. It's that half way point between burning up and freezing to death. Ahh, just right! Well hopefully you get my point, it's just nice to have fall here. Because I know that in about a month and a half I'm going to be looking out my window and there's probably going to be about 3 to 4 feet of that white stuff on the ground. I'm going to be freezing to death and have my heat set on 68 degrees and be wrapped in every piece of extra clothing I can lay my hands on, because the gas and oil prices are going to be through the roof and I will need to conserve my heat! I know all this is going to happen because it always does happen, every winter, just like the winter before, without fail. There's not a lot I can do about that. But this morning it was a crisp cool 60 degree morning and it's been that way all day long. So that's why I'm loving it that fall's here. Because there's nothing I can do about it, and AT LEAST IT'S NOT SNOWING!

No comments: